Having the correct carburetor on your vehicle is crucial to not only making the most horsepower out of the engine, but also to ensure that it runs properly and doesn’t burn up a piston. With so many choices on the market it can be extremely confusing on how to choose the correct carburetor. One carburetor that caught our attention at the 2011 PRI show was Quickfuel Technology’s new Slayer Carburetor Series.
The all aluminum construction gives the carburetor a fantastic look, but what we were really impressed with was how much adjustability was built into this affordable carburetor. “The carburetor has complete changeability as far as air bleeds, power valve channel restrictions, idle feed restrictions, and vacuum secondary adjustment screw,” said Marvin Benoit. “We also have the capability to turn this carburetor into a single-line carburetor if need be.”
Quickfuel explained to us that the secondary side does not have a metering block, like other carburetors it has a metering plate. “But it’s different from a standard metering plate because the jets are changeable, you can change the main jetting on the secondary side,” said Director of Sales and Marketing Mark Wells. “The metering block also has a gasket release for all the different passages to ensure we have a extremely good seal.”
- All aluminum Construction – Main Body, Fuel Bowls, Throttle Body
- Changeable Idle Air and High Speed Bleeds
- Built In sight glass for easy float adjustment
- 3-stage emulsion circuits in primary metering block
- changeable primary idle feed restrictions and power valve channel restrictions
- vacuum secondary with “quickset” adjustment
- Secondary plate with changeable jets
- Notched float in secondary fuel bowl
- Electric Choke – Fully adjustable, one wire hookup.
All these adjustments are great features for the carburetor, but is overshadowed by the most amazing feature – the price. Both the 600 CFM and 750 CFM Slayer Carburetor retails at $299. A very affordable price for a great looking carburetor.
Make sure you visit Quickfuel Technology for more information on the Slayer Carburetors and to see their complete line of products.